Does Your Kid Have a ‘Tude? 8 Tips to Tackle Bad Attitudes! by Ann Marie Patitucci
Have a child with a bad attitude? Here are eight strategies that may be helpful!
- Try to determine where the negativity may be coming from (environmental factors?).
- Understand that temperament and genetics may play a role in his or her attitude.
- Be a good listener.
- Put a time limit on complaints.
- Provide honest feedback.
- Try not to be judgmental.
- Reinforce positivity.
- Try not to take things personally.
Remind your child: "A great attitude becomes a great mood, which becomes a great day, which becomes a great year, which becomes a great life." - Zig Ziglar