Baby Skincare: 5 Tips for Cleaning Your Baby’s Delicate Skin! by Mei Marcie
A baby’s skin is different than an adult's – it loses more moisture, has less active sweat glands and is thinner. It’s also more susceptible to the harshness of cleansing products. Here are five tips to help keep your baby's skin in tip top shape!
- Avoid soap! It is alkaline and reduces skin lipids, which dries the skin.
- Avoid products with irritants like perfume and parabens.
- Choose products that don't sting the eyes – a baby’s blink reflex is not as fast.
- Avoid ingredients ending with “sulfates,” which are harsh on skin.
- Pat, don’t rub, skin dry.
Gentle care will go a long way toward keeping Baby healthy!