Do you keep an eye on your teen? Research has shown that teens whose parents monitor them effectively are less likely to have sex at an early age, smoke, drink and skip school. Here are eight tips for parents from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)!
- Talk to your teen about his feelings and thoughts.
- Know your teen’s friends.
- Set expectations on when to come home and to call when she’ll be late.
- Know your teen’s friends' parents.
- Watch how your teen spends money.
- Keep track of Internet usage.
- Pay attention to your teen’s mood and behavior.
- Make sure your teen knows how to contact you at all times.
Your teen will thank you - one day!