College Freshmen: 12 Tips for College Success From a Very Smart Professor by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
Have a child headed to college? I wrote 23 tips for academic success for The Huffington Post. Here's a sample!
- Get to know your instructors.
- Read your syllabi closely.
- Plan ahead and stay on top of your work.
- Always do the assigned readings.
- Work on improving your writing (learn how to cite sources).
- Use email etiquette.
- Take a course outside of your program.
- Choose your major carefully.
- Choose your friends carefully, too.
- Get involved in campus life.
- If you need support, ask for it.
- Call your parents!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
College Supplies $3 & Up
Daily Planners $6 & Up
The 5-Ingredient College Cookbook: Easy, Healthy Recipes for the Next Four Years & Beyond (Bestseller) $8
Gifts for College Students $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.