Going Back to Work After Baby? 5 Myths New Moms Need to Know! by Jill Ceder, LMSW, JD
2 years ago
If you plan to return to work after maternity leave, don’t believe some of the myths I am sure you've heard! Here are a few:
- Baby Loves You Less: You may have less time with Baby, but a bond is from quality time, not quantity.
- Working Moms Don't Need Mom Friends: (Momco is a great place to find friends.)
- You Can't Continue Breastfeeding: It requires planning, but it’s doable.
- You Can Control Your Feelings: It’s OK to be sad to leave Baby and be happy to work.
- You Can't Do It All: Allow yourself time to figure out your balance. Prioritizing, not feeling guilty and saying no are keys to balance.
You can do this!