Enterovirus 68 Virus: 7 Ways to Help Prevent Spreading It! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
Family Health Kids' Health
6 years ago
Add to collection
Cases of enterovirus 68, a virus similar to the common cold, are up. How can you help prevent it?
- The best way to fight enterovirus 68 is with good hand-washing hygiene.
- Don't touch your face without washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Teach kids to cough and sneeze in their flexed elbow rather than their hands.
- Wash commonly touched areas of the house, such as doorknobs and sinks.
- Cell phones need to be cleaned often.
- Keep kids home from school if they have a fever or severe cough.
- There is no vaccine for enterovirus, but flu season is around the corner, so remember to get your flu shots!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.