Participate In Intense Sports or Exercise? 5 Hydration Guidelines You Need to Know by Dr. Heidi Renner
Here are some hydration guidelines:
- Two hours before exercising, drink 16 to 20 ounces of water.
- Ten to 20 minutes before exercising, drink 7 to 10 ounces of water.
- While you exercise, drink 6 to 8 ounces of water every 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you're exercising for longer than an hour, consume a sports drink with 4 to 8 percent of carbohydrates.
- After you exercise, you need to drink 24 ounces for every pound lost.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Runner's World Magazine $5 & Up
Running Belts $10 & Up
Reusable Water Bottles $6 & Up
Running Clothes for Women $6 & Up
Running Clothes for Men $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.