Finding Joy, Calm & Peace: 5 Ways to Boost Your Health & Happiness By Prioritizing Self-Care by Dr. Bradley Nelson
It’s evident that we need to better care for ourselves so we can care for those we love and meet the challenges of this unprecedented time. There are many simple practices that may boost our mental health, emotional health and physical health and help us find greater joy, calm and peace amid the turmoil.
Many forms of self-care are simple and easy to practice, if we just remember to take the time. Here are a few:
- Just Breathe: If you feel tension building in your body while you read the news or your Facebook feed, that’s a sign it’s time to take a breather – literally. Close your eyes and focus for a few minutes on taking deep, regular breaths. This type of meditation can help to calm your nerves and renew your energy.
- Focus (Stop Multitasking!): Choose a project, errand or activity and do only that. Trying to do too many things at once and pushing too hard on multiple tasks might compromise the quality of everything you manage to get done. Concentrating on a single task may give your brain a break.
- Cleanse Yourself of Toxins: This includes everything from artificial ingredients in food and drink to negative energy in your social circle. Take stock of the things that might be toxic in your life. Try to identify bad habits, and strive for healthy living by eliminating them. Adopt a healthy way of eating to keep your system as clean as possible. If there is someone in your life that absolutely drains you, it may be time to change your relationship with that person.
- Avoid Digital Exhaustion: In this time of rage tweets, cyber-bullying and bad news, give yourself a break from the negativity. If you feel worry, tension, apprehension or anger building as you surf your news feed, take that as a sign you to disconnect for a bit. Go for a walk, read something uplifting or spend a few minutes connecting with someone you love to break the cycle of stress.
- Release Trapped Emotions: Traumatic and difficult events from the past can leave us with unresolved emotional energy in the form of Trapped Emotions – negative energies that can literally become trapped within. Discover how you can use energy healing practices such as The Emotion Code® and The Body Code® to identify and resolve emotional baggage that may be harming your health and relationships or otherwise holding you back in life.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meditation Accessories $5 & Up
Self-care for Women $5 & Up
Self-care for Men $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.