Spring Cleaning for Mental Health: 5 Easy Tips for Mind, Body & Soul by Erica Hornthal
With the way the last year went, it is OK if spring cleaning isn't the first thing on your mind. I know it isn't on mine. However, what should be on your mind is your mental health. This last year has been challenging to say the least. It is vital to prioritize the emotional health of our families and most importantly ourselves.
Here are my top 5 tips to spring clean your mental health:
- Take inventory. Just like you would if you were cleaning out your closet, take inventory of what is in need of change this spring. What do you need more of in terms of self-care and what has been neglected?
- Start small. Change is uncomfortable so starting small is the key. Want to get healthy? Concentrate on one small healthy habit a month. Practice makes habit so give yourself lots of time to practice.
- Get moving! Moving our bodies isn't just for losing weight or getting in shape. Moving helps us reduce tension, increase empathy and build resilience.
- Change your environment. After this last year of spending so much time on Zoom, in our homes and often alone because of the pandemic, it is vital to change up the scenery. Slow and steady is best. Take a walk outside. Plan socially distant outings or meetings.
- Declutter! While cleaning and getting rid of stuff may not be the priority, making space in your home is vital. We spent the last year confined in so many ways. Give yourself an opportunity to take up space, emotionally and physically, by clearing your natural environment. When we live in clutter and chaos it is likely that our mind isn't far behind. Clear out the clutter in your house to clear out the clutter in your mind.
Here's to a mentally productive spring. Be well and take care. (Now watch my bonus tip in the video!)
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Home Storage $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.