Natural Allergy Remedies: Why This Healthy Living Expert Relies on Homeopathic Allergy Solutions by Dr. Lisa Leslie-Williams
For millions of Americans, even the thought of spring makes their eyes burn, itch and water. If you suffer from seasonal eye allergies and are tired of the stinging medications that take control over your life because of their rebound effect, you may want to consider an alternative approach that stimulates your body’s natural ability to relieve symptoms.
For example, antihistamine eye drops or artificial tears may provide temporary relief, but they don’t address the problem as well as homeopathic preparations that gently stimulate the body’s natural ability to relieve symptoms.
The immune system plays an important role in your body’s reaction to allergens. By focusing on good nutrition and taking steps to support your immune system, you may be able to say goodbye to itchy eyes, sneezing, nasal congestion and other allergy symptoms. The great thing about natural and/or homeopathic remedies is that there are also kids’ formulas available so the whole family benefits.
To support your immune system, here are my top tips:
- Eat plenty of vibrantly-colored fruits and vegetables. These play important roles in balancing the immune system. There is now science to support the old adage: an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples contain quercetin, an antioxidant that has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties. Peppers, onions and garlic contain compounds that help thin and reduce mucus.
- Cleanse your nasal passages. Neti pots have become very popular right now – and with good reason. Most people know that they are a safe and natural way to help your body’s natural mechanism for clearing your sinuses of bacteria and allergens.
- Clean the air. Use an air purifier to remove allergens from your home.
- Make exercise part of your routine. Regularly getting moderate-intensity exercise will help reduce your stress while boosting your immune system. It’s a win-win!
- Make sleep a priority. Your mind and body work better when they are well rested, and that applies to your body’s defenses against allergens. Aim for at least seven or eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.
- Live healthfully every single day. Compliance is critical. If you are taking supplements or essential medications, take them as recommended to get the most benefits.
Taking better care of yourself will give you more time to stop and enjoy all of the good things that the season has to offer.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Similasan Allergy Eye Relief $6 & Up
Neti Pots $10 & Up
Air Purifiers $20 & Up
Exercise Equipment $6 & Up
Sleep Machines $15 & Up
Healthy Cookbooks $2 & Up
Allergy Medications $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.