The Art of Self-Love: 15 Easy Ways to Practice Self-Love & Self-Care Every Day by Dr. Bradley Nelson
Self-love is a constant practice of taking care of your needs to prioritize your health and happiness. Learning how to develop self-love is an important skill in a happy, healthy life. You deserve love just as much as everyone else in your life does. By taking care of yourself first, you’ll have more love to share with the people around you.
- Start each day with a positive affirmation. This means saying something positive to yourself each day, it could be “I am loved” or “I am strong” – whatever phrase you want to invoke that day!
- Take care of yourself with healthy nutrition. Valuing your health and wellness by eating nutrient-dense, delicious, healthy food is a great way to practice self-love.
- Practice joyful movement. This could mean dancing, yoga or walking in the wilderness (or around the block). Move your body and take care of yourself physically.
- Set healthy boundaries. Learning when to say “no” can help protect your time and energy so that you can give your all to the things you truly care about.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Comparison is the thief of joy! Try only measuring yourself against who you used to be, rather than comparing yourself to others.
- Surround yourself with people who love you. Having people who love you and express that love can be an amazing support system and can help reinforce the love you have for yourself.
- Take time to relax. Give yourself the gift of slowing down. Take a bubble bath, read a book, meditate or any other activity you love but don’t usually give yourself time for.
- Be true to yourself. Follow your passions, and allow yourself to let joy be your guide! Make time to do the things that make you happy.
- Celebrate your wins. Whether your successes are huge or small, take time to appreciate them and the work that you did to achieve them. Be proud of yourself.
- Appreciate what makes you different. You are uniquely you, and the more you embrace what makes you special the more you’ll love your true self.
- Take care of business. Self-love sometimes means taking care of tasks that you need to do. If you have a few tasks that have been causing you stress and looming over you, take time to check them off your list and you’ll likely feel more calm and free.
- Practice gratitude. Taking time to appreciate all that you are and all that you have can help you to cultivate love for yourself.
- Let go of past traumas. This can be a challenge, but processing and releasing past hurts can be a freeing experience, creating more space in your life for health and happiness.
- Set an appointment with a healer. Sometimes you need help and support in your journey to self-love. Taking time to care for yourself with a massage session, yoga, natural healing, mental health therapist and more can be an amazing way to care for yourself.
- Learn a new energy healing skill. Find out how you can use The Emotion Code® and The Body Code® to address and resolve issues.
Remember that you deserve to feel loved and taken care of, and schedule a few of these activities into your next week.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Self-Care for Women $5 & Up
Self-Care for Men $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.