Struggling With Empathy Fatigue? 6 Mindfulness Tips That May Help by Julie Potiker
Empathy is when you connect with and feel someone else’s pain. It’s a beautiful way to connect with others, but it gets exhausting because you are in a constant state of giving while not receiving anything back in to fill your own coffers. Compassion is trying to alleviate someone else’s pain. Compassion is love in action.
When you start to feel tired or drained from giving, that’s empathy fatigue. Empathy fatigue is very real. Fortunately, mindful self-compassion can help you overcome it and avoid it in the future.
- Don’t ignore fatigue. Otherwise, it can take over.
- When you add compassion to your empathy something beautiful happens: You help another person, and in return you experience self-compassion and self-care.
- Caring best for others starts with taking the best care of YOU.
- Make time for mindful self-care: exercise, a hot bath, a walk and meditation.
- Balancing empathy with compassion (for self and others) is crucial for avoiding empathy fatigue.
- When empathy fatigue happens, remember that you are missing the compassion component.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Life Falls Apart, But You Don't Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm in the Midst of Chaos by Julie Potiker $13
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.