Face Masks After the COVID-19 Vaccination: 5 Reasons Why You Should Wear a Face Mask Even After You're Vaccinated by Donna John
Some people may get a false sense of security after getting their COVID-19 vaccination. The vaccines were found to prevent 95 percent of illnesses caused by COVID-19, so why should you still have to wear a face mask? Here's why according to an article published by Kaiser Health News:
- No vaccine is 100 percent effective. The 95 percent effective rate still leaves one in 20 people unprotected. The effectiveness of the vaccine could also be affected by how the vaccine is handled at the health-care facility.
- Vaccines take a little time to work. After receiving the vaccine, it takes about two weeks for your immune system to build the antibodies to block COVID-19. And because the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two does, it takes even longer.
- The vaccine may not prevent you from spreading COVID-19. Most vaccines prevent a virus from making you sick, but not from spreading the virus. Researchers will need to figure out if the vaccine prevents transmission, too.
- Face masks protect people with compromised immune systems. People with underlying health problems such as cancer are at an increased risk from COVID-19. Many people with these health issues are not allowed to be vaccinated right now, so wearing your mask could help protect these individuals.
- Face masks help protect from any strain of the virus. The new COVID strains spreading in the U.S. have health leaders concerned. Face masks, social distancing and avoiding large crowds help reduce the risk no matter the strain.
Wear your mask and read the full article at Kaiser Health News.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.