Coronavirus Prevention Tips: 6 Ways You Can Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe is the No. 1 concern for the vast majority of Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to prevent the spread of this deadly virus, we must understand how it spreads. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are several ways for COVID-19 to spread:
- Person-to-Person: COVID-19 spreads very easily from person-to-person contact. A person can become infected by coming into close contact (around 6 feet or less) with a person who has COVID-19.
- Contaminated Surfaces: Respiratory droplets that are spread by people infected with COVID-19 can also land on surfaces and objects. It is possible for someone to get sick from touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then subsequently touching their own mouth, nose or eyes.
In order to protect yourself and others, the CDC has issued recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
1. Stay at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with a face mask when around others.
4. Avoid crowded indoor spaces and ensure that any indoor spaces you enter are properly ventilated.
5. Stay home and isolate from others when exhibiting symptoms.
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects frequently.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.