How to Experience More Joy: 5 Ways to Find Joy in Your Life Starting Today by Julie Potiker
Life is full of emotional chaos. But bringing it back to focused activities that give joy to your soul can mean the difference between making it or breaking it day to day, year to year.
Here are five tips for experiencing more joy right here, right now:
- Today, find 10 to 15 minutes to grab a pen and paper (your journal if you keep one) and write down everything you can think of that brings you joy.
- Add anything and everything joyful to your list. From simple things like feeling the warmth of your morning beverage in your hands to big-picture “wish list” items like a relaxing beach vacation with your favorite people. Make sure your list includes plenty of simple, accessible joys and as many plan-worthy joys as you like.
- Pick one thing from your joy list each day and do it! This simple commitment to your own well-being is nothing less than transformative.
- Occasionally, pick out one of your big-picture wish list items from your list and start planning it out. Research reveals that thinking about and planning something you’re excited about creates feelings of joy and happiness!
- Whenever you find yourself experiencing something joyful, pause for a moment and really let that joy sink in. Breathe into it and let it fill you up. Relish it! Beyond just savoring the moment, this action also helps you to install these good feelings in your brain, rewiring it so you are even more predisposed to joy in the future.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Journals $6 & Up
Books About Happiness $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.