Nutrition Notes: 5 Shortcuts to Better Family Nutrition (You Are What You Eat!) by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
March was National Nutrition Month, and for many parents, a reminder that they need to step up their healthy eating game. The biggest challenge is usually lack of time, but fast and healthy are a feasible combination. Here are the five quick tips I give parents to boost their family’s nutrition without adding work to their daunting daily routines:
- Plan ahead. Planning weekly meals saves time and money and helps to avoid crunch-time bad choices.
- Shop online. Multitask, save a trip and check inventory in real time, so you don’t buy extra or leave anything out.
- Chop and store. Fruit and veggies are easy to hand out when they’re washed and ready.
- Pack to go. Store leftovers in single-serving grab-and-go containers and save money on takeout.
- Snack smart. Busy families sometimes need snacks to survive, so anticipate hunger emergencies and have things like nuts, applesauce or dried fruit on hand.
Parents tend to attribute poor nutrition to a lack of time, but bad habits are also to blame. Simple daily tweaks will make eating healthier easier, so jumpstart your healthy strategies today!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Fruit $3 & Up
Applesauce $3 & Up
Nuts $3 & Up
Healthy Snacks $3 & Up
Vegetable Wash $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.