Healthy Hearts: 6 Ways Give the Gift of Heart Health This Valentine’s Day! by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
February is the month to celebrate the people we love. It’s also the month to celebrate heart health. Cardiovascular disease is the single biggest health threat for Americans, and our biggest killer. Nearly 85 million people suffer from cardiovascular disease, and one out of every three deaths is the result of some sort of heart problem.
This Valentine’s Day, take heart health seriously. If you’re looking for the perfect sweet morsels to share with your special someone, try wrapping up these heart-smart ideas to boost heart health:
- Get sweaty. Schedule a walk around the block or a trip to the gym.
- Feed the soul. Dish up a heart-healthy meal for two.
- Don’t butt out. Help them find the right plan to quit smoking.
- Check in. Schedule joint visits with your primary care provider.
- Go non-alcoholic. Make their favorite dessert instead.
- Hit the sack. Plan for at least eight hours of sleep.
Valentine’s Day is really all about heart health. This year, focus on the gifts that keep on giving for the people you care about!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.