Setting Boundaries & Self-care: 4 Key Questions to Help You Set Boundaries & Meet Your Own Needs by Jennifer Coken
When we don’t set boundaries, often the person we most disappoint is ourselves. I used to disappoint myself a lot. Now, I don’t do any meetings or coaching calls before 10 a.m. As I’ve said to more than one person, “I’m not ready for prime time before then.” So, what happens before 10 a.m?
- I meditate for 20 minutes.
- I make my Keto coffee, and while drinking it, I journal for 20 to 30 minutes.
- I write for an hour.
- I have an accountability call with a partner that has been happening for two years.
- I have a creation call with a partner that has been happening for 14 years.
I used to feel guilty about taking “all of that time” for me. But now I know when I don’t, I feel out of sorts and I’m less effective at my job. Here are some key questions to ask yourself:
- Who do you most need to set boundaries with? (Make a list, if needed.)
- Where do you need to set boundaries with yourself?
- If you say "yes" to that, what will you say "no" to, and vice versa?
- What are the biggest things that stop you from setting and holding boundaries?
Choose you! What three boundaries could you set to ensure your needs are met?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Embrace the Ridiculousness: A Pocket Guide to Being a Better You by Jennifer Coken $8
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.