Thankfulness & Reflection: 6 Questions From the Oliver Family to Help Prepare for Thanksgiving by Jonathan Oliver
Use the holidays as a time to reflect. As Thanksgiving approaches, think about the following:
- What are a a few of your family traditions?
- If you travel, how far away from home will you go?
- What is a food item that must be on the table?
- What will be your greatest challenge? Kids out of school, in-laws, family origin, eating too much food, possibly divorce?
- How can you take care of yourself to best be thankful as Thanksgiving approaches?
- What are you thankful for?
Here are the answers from the Oliver family:
1. We are a young family, so establishing traditions are being formed. Right now I will say cooking as a family and going to pick out a real Christmas tree the first Saturday after Thanksgiving.
2. We try and rotate every other Thanksgiving between my bride’s side of the family and my side. However, the last three Thanksgivings, including this one, we will be home because my wife, Saran, is on call.
4. Having both my daughters, Journey and Justice, home together all day. Having activities planned.
5. Communication with my bride, checking with my accountability team, not over-eating or drinking, being present in the moment and letting go of perfection. Awareness of expectations (that’s a setup for disappointment).
6. My family and our health. My bride and I are truly happily married and choose to invest in becoming even closer. Journey and Justice are both healthy. We are building a beautiful family and it isn’t by accident. We are very intentional. I am thankful for everything God has blessed me with, even the struggles, because they help build me into the man I am becoming daily.
Please share your answers below! Happy Thanksgiving!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.