Mindful Methods for Life: 12 Tips for Tapping Into Mindfulness Amid the Chaos by Julie Potiker
We’re always looking for fast and easy ways to make our lives better. I recently told a friend that I never imagined needing to use my mindful methods 10 times a day or more, but that is where I find myself. And the silver lining of this extreme testing is that it works! If you need a quick reference to remind you which mindful methods are available to you any time, any day, let this be it. Here are 12 mindful methods for staying calm amidst chaos:
- Practice meditating. Download the Insight Timer app and pick a meditation to do every day. Pick one that fits into your schedule.
- Practice mindfulness while brushing your teeth.
- Practice mindful eating.
- Practice mindful walking.
- Practice taking in the good.
- Practice letting music help you be in the moment. Make a playlist of songs that move you.
- Practice the Receiving-Sending Meditation.
- Practice calling yourself “sweetheart”or another term of endearment.
- Practice Loving Kindness Meditation for yourself and others.
- Write down a list of things that bring you joy. Try to do one or two of those activities daily.
- Begin a gratitude practice by either writing down a few things you are grateful for each day, or writing down what you enjoyed each day, or writing a gratitude letter to someone each day. Let the feeling of gratitude fill you up.
Pick a favorite mindfulness meditation technique and do it. Even if you only learn two – the Loving Kindness Meditation and the Sending-Receiving Meditation – those alone can change your life.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.