Fitness Strategies: 10 Exercise Cues to Get You Moving Every Day by Susan Masterson, PhD
One of the best strategies regular exercisers use is keeping exercise cues around. Research shows this is part of habit development. Here are 10 easy tricks to try:
- If you can, put your athletic shoes on when you get dressed. If not, bring them with you so you can pop them on when you have a break.
- Wear a sports bra from the get-go. Don't give yourself the excuse that you have to change into it!
- If you wear a ring daily, it can be uncomfortable when you exercise. Find a comfortable ring and keep it on as a visual cue and to eliminate one more reason to say, "I can't right now."
- My Fitbit was a godsend when I was starting the habit. A fitness tracker is both a reminder and can motivate you to hit each next goalpost through the day.
- Set your favorite workout song as your alarm in the morning.
- Put hand weights by the sofa.
- Use visuals like sticky notes and printed memes. Put them wherever it makes sense to do a quick 10 (jumping jacks, etc.).
- Turn notifications "on" for groups, apps, etc., that cue you to exercise.
- Keep a step bench near the TV to keep stepping while you watch your favorite show.
- Identify a short distance you can walk when you have a moment.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.