Keto Diet: 5 Tips to Help You Achieve Success on the Ketogenic Diet Plan by Alice V
I've been on a ketogenic diet for almost seven months now and like every lifestyle change, it can be a struggle. There are times I fall off the wagon but get right back on. I've learned that I can't stomach certain foods like coconut flour and almond flour. And while I continue to explore this way of eating, I've lost 20 pounds so far. So how have I managed to keep going? Here are my tips:
- It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. The moment you treat it as a lifestyle change, the more willing and motivated you are to keep going.
- Have plenty of snacks on hand. Snacking has never been so important to me before. I always have almonds, beef jerky, string cheese or berries on hand.
- Never skip a meal. The moment you skip a meal, you messed up! Skipping meals will only make you more susceptible to eating high-carb foods. Meal prep when you have to.
- Have a good-quality sweetener for coffee and sweet-infused needs.
- Put time aside to cook. There isn't a market for Keto-packaged foods, so you need to cook, bake and prep meals and snacks at all times.
By keeping these things in mind I've been able to say no to everything I once said yes to.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.