Men's Health Month: 5 Get-Healthy Tips for Men That Don’t Involve Sweat or the Scale! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Let’s face it, we can all be a little healthier. Men especially have room for improvement, but it doesn’t all boil down to eating better, losing weight and exercising like most get-healthy lists would have you believe. These five tips are easy, painless and will drastically improve your health.
- See a nurse practitioner. Sixty percent of men don’t get regular checkups, and 40 percent wait until a symptom is unbearable to make an appointment.
- Wear sunscreen. Eighty-five percent of men don’t use sunscreen, which makes them two to three times more likely to develop skin cancer.
- Make friends. Loneliness has the same mortality risk as smoking, and it’s an epidemic for men.
- Sleep. Mood, alertness, coordination, memory and cognitive function hinge on a good night’s sleep, and alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, stress and screens can sabotage that.
- Take a vacation. Men who don’t take vacation for several years are 30 percent more likely to have a heart attack.
Guys, it’s Men’s Health Month. Even though most men don’t like talking about it, admit it, healthy living never felt so good!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.