Self-Love Is the Best Form of Self-Care: 5 Tips for Your Self-Love Journey by Beth Dixon
RuPaul Charles ends every episode of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” with: “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else?” It’s true! People who practice self-love are often more available to help and love other people. We are often our own toughest critics and see the imperfections in ourselves that others don’t. But, when we feel confident and love ourselves, we can be a force of positive nature in the world. Here are five tips that have helped me on my own self-love journey:
- Find the mirror you think you look best in and smile at yourself for 10 seconds (especially if you’re in a bad mood).
- For every negative thing that you think about yourself, counter it with two things you LOVE about yourself.
- Stop judging and comparing yourself to others. When you stop judging others, you’re less likely to feel perceived judgment from others.
- If you’re feeling unproductive, find something small to do that will take less than five minutes to complete. Feeling accomplished can help your self-esteem!
- When somebody compliments you, don’t disregard it. Own it!
Do you have more tips? Comment below!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.