Combating Self-Doubt: How to Use Your Body to Beat Self-Doubt – Right Now! by Sonia Satra
If you're a living, breathing human, chances are you have thoughts like these:
- "I don't know if I'm good enough for this."
- "I'm so dumb, I can't believe I said that."
- "I wish I could do such-and-such, but I'm not smart/funny/pretty/strong enough."
Sound familiar? We all have gremlins like those – little monsters that live in our brains and try to convince us we're no good. It can be tiring to battle those things very day. So, here's a new idea: physically box them out. That's right. Face them head on. Let's do it right now. (Seriously! No excuses.)
- Stand up, with your feet shoulder-width apart. We’re going to throw some punches.
- Core tight, arms strong. Don’t hyperextend your elbow. With each jab, feel your own strength as you punch through each fear.
- Also, with each jab, say an affirmation out loud. “I can do this!” “I am strong!” “I will succeed!” Make up your own. And as you say them, feel the energy and strength in your body.
Remind yourself how powerful you really are. Do this any time those doubts start to creep in. And let those strengths knock out every last doubt. Go out and shine.