Healthy Dads: 5 Reasons Why a Checkup Is the Best Father’s Day Gift! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
A staggering 60 percent of men don’t get regular health checkups and, on average, die five years earlier than their spouses. Here are five reasons why a checkup is the best Father’s Day gift of all!
- You can’t check blood pressure with a coffee mug. One in three people have high blood pressure, and half have no idea.
- Lawnmowers cut grass, not cholesterol. High cholesterol has no symptoms, and less than one-third of people with high cholesterol have it under control.
- Golf clubs can’t detect cancer. A cancer screening is essential to early detection – and is the key to beating cancer.
- A six-pack won’t give him a six-pack. Weight, exercise, diet and sleep matter. Providers have helpful tips for healthy living.
- A great checkup beats a new tie. Dad may not have any health issues, but he won’t know unless he goes.
Happy (Healthy) Father's Day!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.