Healthy Dads: 5 Reasons Why a Checkup Is the Best Father’s Day Gift! by Cindy Cooke
2 months ago
A staggering 60 percent of men don’t get regular health checkups and, on average, die five years earlier than their spouses. Here are five reasons why a checkup is the best Father’s Day gift of all!
- You can’t check blood pressure with a coffee mug. One in three people have high blood pressure, and half have no idea.
- Lawnmowers cut grass, not cholesterol. High cholesterol has no symptoms, and less than one-third of people with high cholesterol have it under control.
- Golf clubs can’t detect cancer. A cancer screening is essential to early detection – and is the key to beating cancer.
- A six-pack won’t give him a six-pack. Weight, exercise, diet and sleep matter. Providers have helpful tips for healthy living.
- A great checkup beats a new tie. Dad may not have any health issues, but he won’t know unless he goes.
Happy (Healthy) Father's Day!