In a Health Rut? Try This Easy 5-Day Plan to Get Back on Track! by Donna John
5 years ago
Add to collection
Cindy Cooke, president of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), says in five short days you’ll be on your way to better health if you follow this plan!
- DAY 1 - Make appointments. Set aside an hour to make all the calls you’ve been avoiding, and economize! Get a full physical and necessary screenings in a single appointment with a nurse practitioner.
- DAY 2 - Go to bed 30 minutes early. More than half of all moms are sleep deprived. If you’re one of them, follow a regular sleep schedule and don’t binge. Make up for lost sleep in half-hour increments.
- DAY 3 - Move! If you can’t find time for exercise, focus on doing lots of small things throughout the day. Who cares if you look silly doing deep knee bends at the post office?
- DAY 4 - Reassess daily habits. Do you drink enough water? Drink too much alcohol? Smoke? There’s an app for that. Find one to manage your habits and enjoy being mothered while you’re busy mothering everyone else.
- DAY 5 - Take back your “me time.” If your to-do list is full of things you hate doing, it’s time for a new list. Mood and productivity are linked, so reward by doing things you like every day.
Learn more about the American Association of Nurse Practitioners here!