Prostatitis: 7 Facts Men Need to Know About This Condition! by Nicole DeAvilla
Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate. Knowing these facts from the Urology Care Foundation can help you deal effectively with prostatitis.
- Getting the right diagnosis is the key to taking care of prostatitis.
- Prostatitis does not always involve the prostate. The problem may be in the nearby tissues.
- Prostatitis can't always be cured, but its symptoms can be managed.
- Treatment should be followed even if you feel better.
- Patients with prostatitis aren't at higher risk for getting prostate cancer.
- There's no reason to stop normal sex unless it bothers you.
- You can live a reasonably normal life with prostatitis.
Be sure you are getting regular prostate screenings after age 50. Men at any age can develop prostatitis, though as men age their risk grows.