Heal Them With Kindness: 5 Ways Being Kind to Each Other Can Improve Your Health! by Dr. Shayna Mancuso
Being kind to others will not only make this world a better place, but research shows it may also improve our overall physical health.
- Kindness keeps our heart healthy. Studies have shown that being kind causes the release of oxytocin (and nitric oxide), which helps to expand our blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
- Kindness makes us happier humans. When we are kind, the body releases endorphins which may help to elevate our mood.
- Kindness keeps us young. Free radicals and inflammation, which are big contributors to the aging process, are reduced when we show love and kindness.
- Being kind has been shown to strengthen our immune system.
- Kindness truly is contagious.
Studies show that participating in random acts of kindness may encourage others to "pay it forward" and the cycle continues.