Goodbye Sheep: 8 Tips to Help You Get the Best Night's Sleep of Your Life! by Dr. Shayna Mancuso
Numerous studies have shown that not getting enough shut-eye may increase one's risk of developing certain serious medical conditions. Insufficient sleep has been linked to weight gain, a poorly functioning immune system, hypertension and the inability to retain information. Many studies have suggested a link between heart disease and stroke. Improving our sleep patterns may improve our overall health, so let's work on getting a few more ZZZZZs with these eight tips!
- Consider seeing a Sleep Medicine Specialist for an evaluation of a possible sleep disorder.
- Studies have shown that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy may be very beneficial.
- Investigate alternative therapies such as meditation, yoga, hypotherapy or essential oils such as Doterra's Serenity Restful blend.
- Exercise earlier in the day for at least 30 minutes a day. (Read more here.)
- Avoid drinking fluids before bed and eat a light snack 30 minutes before bed.
- Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided if your goal is to improve sleep quality.
- Keep your surroundings peaceful with a good mattress, dark room, proper temperature and filter sounds – perhaps with a noise machine.
- Keep in mind that medications for sleep are NOT a long-term solution.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.