Snakebites: Tips to Help Prevent Getting Bit & How to Respond If You Are! by Donna John
More than 1,300 U.S. kids suffer snakebites each year on average, with one in four attacks occurring in Florida and Texas, a study has found. Besides Texas and Florida, states with high rates of snakebite included Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma and West Virginia. Remember these tips if you or your child are bitten by a snake!
- Remain calm.
- Take a photo or the snake, if possible, or ask someone else to.
- Do not suck out the venom.
- Do not try to catch the snake.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Ask the hospital to call the poison control center.
To help avoid snake bites, always:
- be aware of your surroundings
- wear the proper shoes and long pants when in tall grass or hiking
- talk to your kids about snakes
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.