Prediabetes: 5 Risk Factors & How You Can Help Reverse It! by Mei Marcie
News-Medical.net reported that nearly 90 percent of people with prediabetes don’t know they have it. Prediabetes is precursor to Type 2 diabetes, heart attack and stroke. The risk factors of prediabetes are:
- sedentary lifestyle
- having a parent, brother or sister with Type 2 diabetes
- over the age of 45
- history of gestational diabetes
Fortunately, lifestyle changes can help you reverse it, namely:
- Manage your weight - Just losing 5 to 7 percent helps!
- Exercise - Just 150 minutes per week helps.
- Eat healthier! Opt for more vegetables and lower calories.
- Quit smoking.
Given how medicine can preserve our lives longer, it is important to try to live out our years healthier (instead of in sickness!). Make these changes today! Read more here!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.