Want Stress Relief, Energy & Calm? Try This Yoga Breathing Technique! by Nicole DeAvilla
6 years ago
Add to collection
How many times have you been told to take a deep breath or breathe diaphragmatically, and not really known what to do? Try this two-part yoga breathing practice to do both. It's simpler than the full yoga breath.
- Place one hand on your belly.
- As you inhale, allow your belly to expand.
- As you exhale, let it lower.
- Now place your other hand on your lower ribs.
- Inhale allow your belly then your lower ribs to expand.
- Exhale, lower the ribs then your belly.
If it feels awkward at first, just keep practicing until it feels natural. You can then let your arms relax on your lap. Watch my two-part yoga breathing video here!