Fireworks Are Fun, But Safety First: 7 Tips for the DIY-ers! by Donna John
The countdown to July 4th is on, which means family fun – and fireworks. SafeKids.org recommends leaving fireworks to the pros and attending a public display, but if DIY fireworks are your thing here are seven safety tips for your family!
- Don’t wear loose clothing.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks.
- Point them away from homes.
- Be sure they are legal in your area.
- Always have a bucket of water and/or fire extinguisher nearby.
- If a child is injured by fireworks, immediately go to the hospital.
Have a fun, safe holiday!