Buttery Amish Sugar Cookie Recipe Melts in Your Mouth (20 Minutes) Amish Recipes Cookies Desserts Snacks Low Sodium Recipes
Although cookies are great year-round treats, this time of year is officially cookie season! During the holidays, a chocolate chip cookie, snickerdoodle or thumbprint cookie is always nice, but sometimes you crave the simple things. This buttery vanilla Amish sugar cookie recipe just melts in your mouth.
With nine simple ingredients, this tender low-sodium cookie begs to be dipped into coffee or milk. Here's your shopping list: butter, sugar, powdered sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and cream of tartar.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- If you want these cookies to be gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- This recipe makes 20 to 24 cookies, depending on the size.
- Dust the cookies with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Here's how to make them:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, oil, granulated sugar and powdered sugar together. Add the eggs. Mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Using your spoon of choice, drop the dough onto baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- After cooling, dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 31.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 13.4g
Vitamin D: 7mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!