The lemon ricotta pancake batter is made with flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt, milk, ricotta cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice (fresh is best!) and lemon zest. Combine the ingredients and then cook them on a griddle or in a large frying pan in a little butter. Dust these lemon ricotta pancakes with powdered sugar, or top with traditional maple syrup and butter. You can't go wrong either way.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 to 12 pancakes, depending on size
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- butter, for cooking
- powdered sugar, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and ricotta. Mix well. Add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir gently until just combined.
- Melt some butter in a skillet. Pour in some pancake batter and cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until cooked through and golden, about 2 minutes per side. Dust with powdered sugar.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!