Easy 3-Ingredient Asparagus Tart Recipe Is How to Welcome Spring Appetizers Vegetables Vegetarian Lunch Dinner Brunch
Cheesy, crispy and irresistible, this asparagus tart recipe has three ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. Kind of perfect, huh? This easy asparagus recipe screams spring and is the perfect way to welcome warmer weather.
The cheesy asparagus tart is made with puff pastry, freshly shredded gouda, Gruyere or Swiss cheese and fresh asparagus. And it's so easy to make! Put the puff pastry sheets onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with all but 1/4 cup of the cheese and then line up the asparagus on top of the cheese. Make it pretty! Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the puff pastry is golden brown.
This easy spring or summer tart recipe would be yummy with Chef Gigi's balsamic reduction drizzled over it. Serve this simple baked vegetable tart as an appetizer, or for lunch, brunch or a vegetarian dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups freshly shredded fontina, Gouda, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, ends cut off
Here's how you make it:
- Put the puff pastry sheets on a baking pan. Sprinkle about 1 3/4 cup of the cheese all over the pastry. Line up the asparagus on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden and puffed up. Serve immediately.
Note: If you want the top cheese to stay really gooey, bake the tart about 15 minutes and then top with the cheese. Continue baking another 10 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!