Banana pudding really is dessert perfection. This easy southern banana pudding recipe has become a tradition at most holidays – from July 4th to Memorial Day to Thanksgiving to Christmas. Yep, it doesn't matter if it's winter, summer, spring or fall, this banana pudding is on request.
This really is the best banana pudding I've ever eaten or made. Here is your shopping list for this creamy banana pudding: ripe bananas, vanilla wafers, instant vanilla pudding, milk, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and non-dairy whipped topping.
You can assemble the banana pudding in a trifle bowl, 13x9-inch baking dish or even make individual puddings in clear dessert cups. Serve this banana pudding for dessert any day of the week or take it to your family get-togethers. I guarantee you will be asked for the recipe (there's a print button at the top of the page!).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 - 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 box (11 ounces) vanilla wafers (save a few for garnish)
- 2 small boxes (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip (see Recipe Notes if making a trifle)
- Electric Mixer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Trifle Bowl
- Dessert Cups
- If using a large trifle bowl, buy a 16-ounce container of the Cool Whip so you have plenty for the top. I pile the Cool Whip on top of the assembled trifle and add three vanilla wafers and also some crushed wafers on top to make it pretty.
- I use Nilla Wafers.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before making the pudding. If not, you may get flecks of cream cheese and not a smooth pudding.
Here's how you make it:
- In a bowl, combine the pudding, milk, softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix well with an electric mixer until completely combined and smooth.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip (4 ounces).
- Layer some Nilla Wafers on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish or trifle bowl.
- Top with some of the sliced bananas.
- Cover with half of the pudding mixture.
- Add another layer of Nilla Wafers, then bananas, then remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with more Cool Whip.
- Decorate the top with some crushed and whole Nilla Wafers.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.5g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrate: 80.3g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 61.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!