Fried Turkey: 6 Tips for Avoiding Injuries When Deep-Frying a Turkey! by Dr. Josephine Dlugopolski - Gach
Thanksgiving Day has more than double the number of home-cooking fires than an average day. Deep-frying turkeys may be to blame. Here are some tips!
- If you plan to use a turkey fryer this holiday, be sure to keep kids and pets away from it.
- Place the fryer in an open area away from walls, fences or other structures.
- Choose a fryer with a sealed lid to prevent spills.
- Don’t drink and cook.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on hand, and be familiar with how to operate it should a fire ignite.
- The biggest mistakes with deep frying turkeys is adding too much oil and not thawing the turkey first.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.