Fried Turkey: 6 Tips for Avoiding Injuries When Deep-Frying a Turkey! by Dr. Josephine Dlugopolski - Gach
Thanksgiving Day has more than double the number of home-cooking fires than an average day. Deep-frying turkeys may be to blame. Here are some tips!
- If you plan to use a turkey fryer this holiday, be sure to keep kids and pets away from it.
- Place the fryer in an open area away from walls, fences or other structures.
- Choose a fryer with a sealed lid to prevent spills.
- Don’t drink and cook.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on hand, and be familiar with how to operate it should a fire ignite.
- The biggest mistakes with deep frying turkeys is adding too much oil and not thawing the turkey first.
Fry up to a 20-pound turkey outdoors.
Circulates oil for even cooking temperatures and tender, juicy meats.
Patented infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, eliminates hot and cold spots, and delivers juicy, crisp and flavorful results every time.