Healthy Mornings: How to Make Almond Cocoa Oatmeal! by Kim and Shannon Fit Mom Diet
There may be nothing more satisfying on a cool morning than a warm bowl of oatmeal. We've taken this breakfast staple a step further and turned it into a decadent (yet healthy) jumpstart to your day! Enjoy this to start to your day, or anytime. Your kids will love it, too!
- 1 serving oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- half a banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- shredded coconut
- almonds (you could also use walnuts or pecans)
Here's how you make it:
- Place the oats in a bowl. Add the coconut milk and stir.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Add almond extract and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with the coconut and almonds. Slice the other half of banana and put it on the top, too, if desired.