Easy Cocoa Almond Oatmeal Recipe: This Decadent Coconut Oatmeal Recipe Boosts Breakfast Nutrition by Kim and Shannon Fit Mom Diet
Breakfast Snacks Vegetarian
2 years ago
Add to collection
There may be nothing more satisfying in the morning than a warm bowl of oatmeal. We've taken this breakfast staple a step further and turned it into a decadent (yet healthy) jumpstart to your day! This almond cocoa oatmeal is so easy and delicious, you won't know you're eating healthy.
Your whole family will enjoy this tasty and nutritious start to their day for breakfast, or anytime. It's a great powerhouse snack, too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 serving cooked oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- half a banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, or shredded dark chocolate, to taste
- shredded coconut, to taste
- chopped almonds to taste (you could also use walnuts or pecans)
Here's how you make it:
- Place the oats in a bowl. Add the coconut milk and stir.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Add almond extract and cocoa powder, if using. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with the coconut, almonds and shredded chocolate, if using. Slice the other half of banana and put it on top, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.