Creamy Acorn Squash: The Perfect Any Day Side Dish Recipe! by Donna John
Rich, creamy and satisfying, this easy acorn squash recipe is a fun addition to any meal. Plus, it comes in its own serving bowl. One less thing to wash!
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- few sprigs of fresh thyme or oregano
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut a thin strip off the bottom of the acorn squash halves to keep them from wobbling in pan. Place in a baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide the heavy cream between the two squash halves. Top with the fresh herbs.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Top with the grated Parmesan and continue to bake about 10 minutes more. Serve.