White Bean Salad Is Quick, Healthy, Delicious & Packed With Protein! by Donna John
Fast, filling, good for you and delicious? Yes! This yummy bean salad can be thrown together in less than five minutes and uses items you may have on hand.
- 1 can cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- olive oil or Italian dressing
- crushed red pepper flakes
- chopped red onion
- grape tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- fresh or dried herbs (I used fresh basil and rosemary)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Put the beans, red onion, herbs and grape tomatoes in a bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle on olive oil or Italian dressing, add a squeeze of lemon and some crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve as is or on a bed of lettuce for a satisfying, inexpensive meal!