Berry Healthy Coco-Kale Smoothie: Loaded With Berries, This Kale Coconut Smoothie Packs an Antioxidant Punch by Jaime Reid
Nothing is more refreshing in the morning or after a workout than a nutritious, delicious smoothie. This easy coconut kale smoothie is loaded with berries and packs an antioxidant punch. It makes a satisfying breakfast or snack, and is a great way to get kids (and adults) to eat more veggies. Berries and kale are both full of disease-fighting, powerful antioxidants that help to protect your body (but kids don't need to know that). Cheers!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 (4.5 ounces) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic kale
- 1 banana, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen berry medley or berries of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice
- fresh mint for garnish (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and garnish with mint, if desired.
You may want to blend the kale on its own before adding the other ingredients to avoid having chunks of kale. Enjoy!