Strawberry-Rhubarb Vanilla Cupcakes Are Sweet & Satisfying! by Mindy Hudon, M.S., CCC-SLP
My new favorite dessert is anything with strawberry and rhubarb. It has such a fresh, delicious flavor. To satisfy my taste buds, I made some quick strawberry-rhubarb vanilla cupcakes. It's so easy!
- your favorite vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients to make it (I use gluten-free)
- fresh strawberries, chopped
- fresh rhubarb, minced (frozen if it's not in season)
Here's how you make them:
- Combine the strawberries and minced rhubarb in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make the cake mix as directed.
- Use cupcake tins and fill them with half of the cake batter.
- Top the mix with a tablespoon of fruit mixture.
- Put more cake batter on top of the fruit.
- Bake as directed on the cake mix box.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!