Banana Chips Recipe: This 2-Ingredient Snack Recipe Is Healthy & Gluten Free by Pauline Campos
My family and I are gluten-free and Paleo due to allergies and celiac disease. That means processed foods are out of the question, which hurts the wallet since the healthy stuff tends to be pricier. One favorite snack for both my daughter and husband is homemade banana chips.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours and 5 minutes
- bananas, cut into thin slices
- lemon juice
Here's how to make them:
- Pour some lemon juice into a bowl.
- Toss the sliced bananas in the lemon juice.
- Put the bananas onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 200-degree F oven for about 3 hours or until crisp, flipping a few times as they bake.
Here are some more banana chip tips:
- A cheap food dehydrator works great. Just slice bananas and following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Don't bother buying the pretty, not-quite-ripe bananas. Find the discounted over-ripe ones instead.
- Have your child help by slicing the bananas with a plastic knife.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dehydrators $15 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love banana chips but being in a fixed low income find then expensive, so I only have them as a treat. Not anymore - I’m going to buy a cheap dehydrator & save a fortune. I’m celiac too.