Eggnog Whipped Cream Recipe Makes Holiday Desserts Even Better by 30Seconds Food
Whipped cream adds so much to holiday desserts, and eggnog is the creamy drink of the holiday season. What if you combined the two? Yes, we're talking an eggnog whipped cream to dollop on all those pies, cakes and other sweet goodies this holiday season!
This easy low-sodium eggnog whipped cream recipe is fluffy, creamy and full of those warm, aromatic baking spices that scream Christmas. All you need to make this simple holiday whipped cream is heavy cream, powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggnog and either spiced rum or rum extract. The fluffy goodness whips up in minutes and can even be made ahead of time.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum or 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- You could make the whipped cream by hand using a mixing bowl and whisk. This does take a little more time and some muscles!
- Store the eggnog whipped cream in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
- Stiff peaks is when the whipped cream holds its shape and does not collapse. The photo does not reflect stiff peaks but soft peaks.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cold heavy cream into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and spiced rum or extract. Beat again until combined and back to stiff peaks.
- Add the eggnog, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until thoroughly combined and creamy.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.9g
Saturated Fat: 3.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.3g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 4.7g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.