This Slow-cooker Onion Soup Mix Chicken Recipe Went Viral On TikTok by Elisa Schmitz
We love our easy, delicious chicken recipes here on 30Seconds. If you're a fan of your slow cooker and you love onion soup mix, have I got a chicken recipe for you! A variation of this savory onion soup mix chicken recipe that you make in the slow cooker went viral on TikTok, and for good reason. It's totally delicious and it couldn't be any easier to make.
I modified this recipe to include carrots instead of green beans and, to reduce sodium, I used one packet of onion soup mix instead of two. But, I added fresh onion and some of my own spices to ensure there was plenty of flavor. One word: WOW!
To make this slow cooker onion soup mix chicken recipe, you will need chicken, chicken broth, onion soup mix, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic powder, turmeric and paprika. With just five minutes of prep and four hours of slow cooking, you'll have a dinner the whole family will love.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours (high) or 8 hours (low)
Total Time: 4 to 8 hours
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination (which is what I used)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet onion soup mix (I used Lipton), or make your own onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots or diced carrots
- 24 ounces small potatoes cut into halves or quarters or slices (I sliced up some fingerling potatoes)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Slow Cooker
- Rubber Spatula
- Airtight Containers
- You can use boneless/skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination, which is what I used because I like the blend.
- I used Lipton Onion Soup mix, but you can make your own onion soup mix if you prefer.
- To reduce sodium, I used only one packet of soup mix instead of two. Instead, I used fresh onion and my own seasonings to ensure there was plenty of flavor.
- I used carrots instead of green beans. Feel free to use whichever you prefer.
- I used fingerling potatoes, but any small potato would work if sliced.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- In your slow cooker, place the chicken on the bottom in as close to a single layer as possible. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle the garlic powder, paprika and turmeric over the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, then sprinkle the soup mix over the chicken, ensuring it's evenly distributed.
- Add the onions.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and ensure they're spread over the chicken. Toss lightly to coat vegetables in the mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid. Cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours.
- Serve on its own or over rice or pasta, or with a side of fresh-baked bread.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.8g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 16.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g
Total Sugars: 2.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.