Creamy Chocolate "Mousse" Recipe Has 2 Secret Ingredients That Boost Nutrition by Elisa Schmitz
A few weeks ago, I made an incredible dessert discovery. This creamy pumpkin cheesecake mousse recipe is low-carb and has a protein-rich secret ingredient to help boost nutrition. Best of all, it's absolutely delicious and comes together in only five minutes.
So when my chocolate-loving husband asked me for a chocolatey dessert, I made an even more amazing dessert discovery – and this creamy chocolate mousse recipe is the delicious result.
This five-minute chocolate cheesecake mousse recipe is delicious and nutritious thanks to two secret ingredients that boost nutrition. What are the secret ingredients? Pumpkin and ricotta cheese.
This creamy chocolate pumpkin mousse is incredibly easy to make. You need only eight ingredients: unsweetened cocoa powder, pumpkin puree, low-fat ricotta cheese, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. The chopped nuts and whipped cream or Greek yogurt are optional toppings that add a nice finishing touch.
This sweet, low-sodium treat makes a nutritious snack that will satisfy your chocolate cravings in mere minutes. You can serve this gluten-free dessert for a special occasion or any time at all – and your family will think you're a rock star. A perfect dessert for the holidays!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Whole Foods organic unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- chopped walnuts or pecans, for serving (optional)
- whipped cream or low-fat plain Greek yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Immersion Blender
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Dessert Cups
- You can add a bit more maple syrup if you'd like your mousse to be sweeter.
- You can add more or less cocoa powder, depending on how rich you want the chocolate to be.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to an hour to allow the mousse to set more firmly.
- Serve this festive dessert in pretty little bowls or even wine glasses for an elevated presentation.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream dusted with cocoa powder with nuts on top as an optional garnish.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how you make it:
- In a mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, ricotta cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the cocoa powder. Stir or whisk vigorously to combine, or use an electric mixer to whip until fluffy.
- Serve immediately or, if you prefer a firmer mousse, allow to set in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- Serve in pretty dishes or glasses. Top with whipped cream or low-fat Greek yogurt and/or chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired. Dust whipped cream with cocoa powder for an elevated garnish.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.7g
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 15.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 9.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.