Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole Recipe Is Better Than the Dip by Elisa Schmitz
Ever wish you could eat a bowl of piping hot spinach artichoke dip for dinner? Me, too. After making this over-the-top creamy baked spinach artichoke dip, I decided spinach artichoke dip is so good, it deserves a place at the dinner table. This easy spinach artichoke baked chicken casserole recipe is the delicious result.
This creamy spinach artichoke chicken casserole dinner is loaded with healthy spinach and artichokes (giving you the health benefits of spinach and the health benefits of artichokes). It's baked in only one dish, which makes for easy cleanup. The fact that you can eat this cheesy delicious dip-based recipe for dinner makes it even better than spinach artichoke dip!
Here's your gluten-free shopping list for this super moist and flavorful chicken dinner: chicken thighs, garlic powder, onion, mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. The health benefits of Greek yogurt and the health benefits of ricotta cheese help boost nutrition, too.
You can serve this creamy chicken casserole recipe for dinner over rice, potatoes or pasta, or with a side of vegetables or a salad (if you prefer a low-carb version). But I wouldn't blame you if you want to dip some chips into it, either!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (1 can, about 6 artichoke hearts), chopped
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Pepper Grinder
- You can make this recipe with chicken breasts instead of thighs.
- You can use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Serve on its own with a salad or vegetables, or over rice, pasta or potatoes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheat in the microwave or oven.
- This recipe can be frozen for up to three months.
Here's how to make it:
- In a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray (or lined with aluminum foil), place the chicken in a single layer. Season with garlic powder, and with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta cheese, 3 ounces of the cheddar cheese and 5 ounces of the Parmesan cheese, setting aside the remainder of the cheddar and Parmesan for now.
- Add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard and onion to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Fold in the spinach. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread the spinach artichoke mixture over the chicken, ensuring the chicken is evenly covered in the mixture.
- Top the dish with the remaining shredded cheese, ensuring it's evenly distributed.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F on a food thermometer.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 28.3g
Saturated Fat: 12.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.8g
Dietary Fiber: 5.1g
Total Sugars: 6.1g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.